Tuesday 28 February 2012

Meet and Train /Fit for Life in Galway

From Bernie Kelly, leader of the Galway City Harriers Meet and Train/Fit for Life group: 

"Our training is Mondays and Thursdays 7pm from Westside Library. New beginners will only be taken on Monday 16th April  as I have 160 on average in my present beginners group which started just after Christmas. I understand from numerous phone calls that I have received recently that prospective runners in the Women's Mini Marathon are directed to our group and are very disappointed when I tell them that they have to wait for the next beginners group!
Maybe other Fit for Life Leaders can accommodate people joining at any time but the sheer numbers I have don't allow for that. I have five groups
beginners 160
slow joggers 50
intermediate joggers 50
fast joggers 40
runners 40
If they are presently jogging some few kilometres no problem but if the sum total of their exercise is a night or two on a treadmill then they have to join as a beginner on 16th April."

 Sounds like a very successful group; you are all duly advised!

No comments: